Keeping furniture in the office and out of
Since our inception, Davies has been a green company. Not because we had to be, but because “being green” lies at the very foundation of our business. As a remanufacturer, we are committed to keeping office furniture at work —and out of the waste stream.
The following list of accomplishments and initiatives represents significant strides forward for Davies, and perhaps even the industry as a whole:
- In 2017 a Life Cycle Assessment Case Study was conducted by The Center of Excellence in Advanced and Sustainable Manufacturing (COE-ASM) located at the Golisano Institute for Sustainability at Rochester Institute of Technology. The Life Cycle Assessment verifies the competitive advantages of the remanufacturing business model. Read the Life Cycle Assessment Case Study.
- As a legacy member of the U.S. Green Building Council™ and long-standing member of the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer’s Association (BIFMA), Davies has been instrumental in creating standards that allow remanufactured office furniture to contribute points in the LEED Certification process for buildings. Downloads: LEED handout
- Davies recently became the first office remanufacturer ever to earn level™ Sustainability Certification from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA).
- In 2011, Davies was one of only three companies to receive Greenbuild’s prestigious Leadership Award for excellence in sustainability. Read Story
- As far back as 2005, Davies commissioned the National Center for Remanufacturing and Recovery to conduct a study called The Energy and Environmental Benefits of Office Furniture Remanufacturing.
Today Davies continues to look ahead at what we can do to support BIFMA level® standards and practices. Likewise, as LEED evolves and raises the bar, we’ll work to anticipate and respond to these advances.